Calling all water enthusiasts to the daylong Paddlers Open Regatta to be held April 4, 2020. This is an annual opportunity for novice and experienced paddlers to enjoy the sport of canoe racing and to help fund Kihei Canoe Club youth and seasonal programs.
Kihei Canoe Club (Ka Lae Pohaku beach across from ABC Store)
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Racing Starts: 9:00am
Fee per 6 person crew:
$150 if registering on or before April 3rd
$175 if registering on April 4th
Lunch & Awards:
All entrants are provided lunch. Medals plus awards ceremonies for winners.
- Keiki: Girls, Boys or Mixed crews
- Novice: Women, Men or Mixed crews (one experienced paddler allowed per crew)
- Experienced: Women, Men or Mixed crews
- Kupuna (age 55+): Women, Men or Mixed crews (more than one experienced paddler allowed per crew)
- Double Hull Race: 3rd Annual Double Hull Race
On the beach at Kihei Canoe Club - Friday, April 3rd from 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Mail in Registration
- Download, print and complete the registration and waiver forms below for each team/crew entered. Then mail all completed forms with entry fee of $150 per 6 person crew to Kihei Canoe Club, PO Box 1131, Kihei, HI 96753. Make checks payable to Kihei Canoe Club. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request credit card payment). Note: Mailed entry forms must be received by April 3, 2020.
Register on day of event (April 4th)
The club will provide canoes, paddles, opportunities to practice and an experienced steersperson, if needed. For general questions, contact Allison, Shannah or Joyce at email@example.com
or call the club at 808-879-5505.
The club seeks to field at least 60 teams sponsored by clubs, hotels, restaurants and the businesses made up of co-workers, families, friends, classmates and anyone open to fun. So be a sponsor or join a crew!!!