Code of Conduct
35th Annual Paddlers Open Regatta - April 8,
| Calling all water enthusiasts to the daylong
Paddlers Open Regatta to be held April 8, 2017. This is an annual opportunity
for novice and experienced paddlers to enjoy the sport of canoe racing and to
help fund Kihei Canoe Club youth and seasonal programs.
- Kihei Canoe Club (Ka Lae Pohaku beach across from ABC
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Registration: 8:00am
- Racing Starts: 9:00am
- Fee per 6 person crew:
- $135 if registering on or before April 7th
- $150 if registering on April 8th
Click image for printable Flyer
|Lunch & Awards
- All entrants are provided lunch. Medals plus awards
ceremonies for winners.
- Keiki: Girls, Boys or Mixed crews
- Novice: Women, Men or Mixed crews (one
experienced paddler allowed per crew)
- Experienced: Women, Men or Mixed crews
- Kupuna (age 55+): Women, Men or Mixed crews
(more than one experienced paddler allowed per crew)
The club will provide canoes, paddles, opportunities to
practice and an experienced steersperson, if needed. For general questions,
contact Michele Willmering at (email@example.com) or Suzanne Conlon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
call the club at 808-879-5505.
- Early Registration
- On the beach at Kihei Canoe Club - Friday,
April 7th from 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Mail in Registration - Registration and
waiver forms are below. Print and mail the completed the forms along with the
$135 entry fee (payable to Kihei Canoe Club) to: PO Box 1131, Kihei, HI 96753.
Each paddler participating in the race is required to complete the 2017
Paddlers Open Waiver Form. Mailed entry forms must be received by April 7,
- Register on day of event (April 8th)
The club seeks to field at least 60
teams sponsored by clubs, hotels, restaurants and othe businesses made up of
co-workers, families, friends, classmates and anyone open to fun. So be a
sponsor or join a crew!!!