33rd Annual Paddlers Open Regatta - April 11,
| Calling all water enthusiasts to the daylong
Paddlers Open Regatta to be held April 11, 2015. This is an annual opportunity
for novice and experienced paddlers to enjoy the sport of canoe racing and to
help fund Kihei Canoe Club youth and seasonal programs.
- Kihei Canoe Club (Ka Lae Pohaku beach across from ABC
- Saturday, April 11, 2015
- Registration: 7:00am
- Racing Starts: 8:00am
- Fee per 6 person crew:
- $150 if registering on or before April 10th
- $165 if registering on April 11th
Click image for printable
|Lunch & Awards
- All entrants are provided lunch sponsored by the Maui
Brewing Company. Medals plus awards ceremonies for winners.
- To be held at Maui Brewing Co. immediately after awards
ceremony. 605 Lipoa Pkwy, Kihei, HI 96753
- Keiki: Girls, Boys or Mixed crews
- Novice: Women, Men or Mixed crews (one
experienced paddler allowed per crew)
- Experienced: Women, Men or Mixed crews
- Kapuna (age 55+): Women, Men or Mixed crews
(more than one experienced paddler allowed per crew)
The club will provide canoes, paddles, opportunities to
practice and an experienced steersperson, if needed. For general questions,
contact Angie at 808.265.2818.
- Early Registration
- On the beach at Kihei Canoe Club - Friday,
April 10th from 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Mail in Registration - Registration and
waiver forms are below. Print and mail the completed the forms along with the
$150 entry fee (payable to Kihei Canoe Club) to: PO Box 1131, Kihei, HI 96753.
Each paddler participating in the race is required to complete the 2015
Paddlers Open Waiver Form. Mailed entry forms must be received by April 10,
- Register on day of event (April 11th)
The club seeks to field at least 60
teams sponsored by clubs, hotels, restaurants and othe businesses made up of
co-workers, families, friends, classmates and anyone open to fun. So be a
sponsor or join a crew!!!